- A TOTAL CONTAINMENT CABINET
- 100% air exhaust
- The Class-III Biological Safety Cabinet are designed for work with biosafety level 4 high-risk microbiological agents and provides maximum protection to the environment and the worker. It is a gas-tight enclosure with a non-opening, completely sealed, viewing window. Access to the interior of the cabinet is through a double door pass-through “interchange” box. Reversing that process allows for the safe removal of materials from Class III biosafety cabinet.
- Both supply and exhaust air are HEPA filtered. Exhaust air must pass through HEPA filter. Class III cabinets usually exhaust air back to the laboratory, however, the exhaust air can also be exhausted to the external environment via a dedicated ductwork system. The air exhausted to the environment can also pass through an optional additional level of SAFETY, though not essential, by incineration process (commonly known as Virus burn-out systems). Air Flow is maintained by a dedicated independent (optional) exhaust system exterior to the cabinet, which keeps the cabinet and all associated ducting under negative pressure.
- Long, gloves and glove parts are attached in a gas-tight manner to ports of the cabinet. Although these gloves restrict movement for the manipulation of the materials isolated inside the cabinet, they prevent the user’s direct contact with the hazardous materials. THE TRADE-OFF IS CLEARLY ON THE SIDE OF MAXIMIZING PERSONAL SAFETY.
- Negative pressure surrounds the work area with double-wall plenums for protection.
- Air drawn through pre-filter is made to pass through highly effective HEPA (High-Efficiency Particular Air) filters. The prefilter fitted extends the life of the HEPA filter drastically. Fitted with HEPA Filter made from water-resistant, fire retardant, imported microfine glass fiber media; conforms to EU – 14 Grade, with an efficiency rating better than 99.999% for 0.3 μ. These filters are designed to accommodate higher air flow volume.
- Prefilter is made from Non-Woven Synthetic with HDPE mesh and Al expanded mesh on air leaving side; conforms to EU – 4 / G-4 Grade, with the efficiency of down to 10 microns. These filters can be cleaned by compressed air & also washable.
- Aerodynamic airflow grills maintain safety and prevents blockage.
- U.V and fluorescent interlock available
- Ergonomic and comfortable sloped front window for comfortable head and elbow rest position, thus reducing fatigue
- Sash is sealed and fixed with glove and ports for access to the work zone and enhanced user safety.
Cass III Biosafety Cabinet Protection
- Personnel protection from harmful agents used inside the biosafety cabinet.
- Product protection to avoid contamination of the works, experiment or process from outside contaminants.
- Environmental protection from contaminants contained within the biosafety cabinet.
- Typically used for biosafety level 4 for high-risk biological agents.
Cass III Total Containment Cabinets
Class-III biological safety cabinets are gas-light, designed for use with high risk biological agents. Class-III cabinets provide the highest level of personnel, product and environmental protection.
Typical Applications Include
- Working with emerging diseases or diseases marked for near eradication.
- Weighing and diluting chemical carcinogens.
- Working with high concentrations of low to moderated risk agents.
- Working with large amounts of low to moderate risk agents.
- Use of equipment or instrumentation generating high aerosol volumes.
- Maximum containment of highly infectious or hazardous experimental materials.
- An extra level of safety not available in Class I or II cabinets.
Cass II Biosafety Key Applications
- Typically used for biosafety levels 1 through 3 for low to moderate risk biological agents.
- The type B2 total exhaust cabinets are widely used in toxicology laboratories and similar applications where chemical effluent is present and clean air is essential.
- All types of Class II cabinets may be used in biosafety level 4 laboratories when workers utilize positive pressure suits. However, for level 4 Class III cabinets are recommended.
Exhaust System With Blower
With an exhaust system (Option) consisting of heavy-duty and powerful motor blower system, Class III Type biological safety cabinet is able to exhaust 100% potentially contaminated air outside the cabinet & air.
Drain Trough With Valve
The trough at base is easy to clean and for offloading liquid spillage if any.
Upper & Front Cover
Removable upper and front cover simplifies filter, blower and front control panel replacements and maintenance easier.
Decontamination By UV Lamp
UV Lamp to produce UV rays of 253.7 nanometers and fluorescent lamp are interlocked and the motor blower is turned off/on as and when the front sash is closed/opened. UV lamps function through a timer (Option) to control the decontamination cycle and maximize UV lamp life. The UV lamp shuts off once the desired set time of decontamination is over and switches the fluorescent lamp to ON position.
Front Sash consists of a thick plexi-glass or toughened transparent glass (Option) for a clear inside view. In addition it serves optimum resistance and protection from harmful UV rays, protection user from exposure to harmful Ultraviolet radiation.
Material Of Construction
Working Table is made up of Stainless Steel (SS-304). External Cabinet is fabricated of CRC duly powder coated OR Stainless Steel (SS-304) (as ordered).
Front Airflow Intake Grid
Aerodynamically designed front airflow intake grid eliminates potential turbulence and contamination.
Floor Stand And Castor Wheels
Floor Stand is made up of heavy-duty tubular pipe duly powder coated and fitted with durable castor wheels for rotation and total brake system on front wheels.
These models are provided with Microprocessor Based Digital Controller with LCD display and air velocity sensor to display the air velocity across the work table.
- Magnehelic Pressure Differential Gauge (To track filter pressure in lieu of static pressure manometer).
- Electronic filter choke alarm (Differential Pressure Monitor).
- TFT Touch Screen Display Controller with air velocity sensor.
- Exhaust ducting per running feet.
- Gas Burner.
- Spare U.V. Germicidal Tube (1.5 feet).
- Spare U.V. Germicidal Tube (3.0 feet).