- 100 % air exhaust
- Negative pressure air surrounding all biological contaminated parts
- Class II, Type B2 cabinets are total exhaust cabinets, widely used in toxicology laboratories and similar applications where chemical effluent is present and clean air is essential.
- There is no recirculation within the work area.
- Room air enters through a blower/motor in the top of the cabinet and passes through a HEPA supply filter into the work area as the vertical unidirectional airflow.
- Descending air is pulled through the base of the cabinet through the perforated front and rear grilles.
- Simultaneously, air entering through the perforated front opening is pulled through the grille and exhausted immediately,
- 100% of the air is pulled into the facility exhaust system for appropriate treatment.
- Type B2 cabinet is hard-connected to an exhaust system.
- Negative pressure surrounds the work area with double-wall plenums for protection.
- Air drawn through pre-filter is made to pass through highly effective HEPA (High-Efficiency Particular Air) filters. The prefilter fitted extends the life of the HEPA filter drastically. Fitted with HEPA Filter made from water-resistant, fire retardant, imported microfine glass fiber media; conforms to EU - 14 Grade, with an efficiency rating better than 99.999% for 0.3 μ. These filters are designed to accommodate higher air flow volume.
- Prefilter is made from Non-Woven Synthetic with HDPE mesh and Al expanded mesh on the air leaving side; conforms to EU-4 /G-4 Grade, with the efficiency of down to 10 microns. These filters can be cleaned by compressed air & also washable.
- Mounted on heavy tubular stand with lockable castors.
- Aerodynamic airflow grills maintain safety and prevents blockage.
- U.V and fluorescent interlock available
- Ergonomic and comfortable sloped front window for comfortable head and elbow rest position, thus reducing fatigue
- Sash is counterbalanced for smooth and lightweight operation with a standard opening for easier access to the work zone and enhanced user safety.
- CLASS-II design ensures PERSONNEL, PRODUCT and ENVIRONMENT PROTECTION.
Cass II Biosafety Cabinet Protection
- Personnel protection from harmful agents used inside the biosafety cabinet.
- Product protection to avoid contamination of the works, experiment or process from outside contaminants.
- Environmental protection from contaminants contained within the biosafety cabinet.
Cass II Biosafety Cabinet Key Features
- A front access opening with carefully maintained inward airflow.
- HEPA-filtered, vertical, unidirectional airflow within the work area.
- HEPA-filtered exhaust air to the room or exhaust to a facility exhaust system.
Cass II Biosafety Key Applications
- Typically used for biosafety levels 1 through 3 for low to moderate risk biological agents.
- The type B2 total exhaust cabinets are widely used in toxicology laboratories and similar applications where chemical effluent is present and clean air is essential.
- All types of Class II cabinets may be used in biosafety level 4 laboratories when workers utilize positive pressure suits. However, for level 4 Class III cabinets are recommended.
Upper & Front Cover
Removable upper and front cover simplifies filter, blower and front control panel replacements and maintenance easier.
Material Of Construction
Working Table is made up of Stainless Steel (SS-304). External Cabinet is fabricated of electrogalvanized powder coated OR Stainless Steel (SS-304) (as ordered).
Front Sash consists of a thick plexi-glass or toughened transparent glass (Option) for a clear inside view. In addition it serves optimum resistance and protection from harmful UV rays, protection user from exposure to harmful Ultraviolet radiation.
Drain Trough With Valve
The trough at base is easy to clean and for offloading liquid spillage if any.
Decontamination By UV Lamp
UV Lamp to produce UV rays of 253.7 nanometers and fluorescent lamp are interlocked and the motor blower is turned off/on as and when the front sash is closed/opened. UV lamps function through a timer (Option) to control the decontamination cycle and maximize UV lamp life. The UV lamp shuts off once the desired set time of decontamination is over and switches the fluorescent lamp to ON position.
Splash Proof Electric Supply Socket
Splash proof sockets is provided for optimum convenience of using small electrical devices inside the cabinet.
Front Airflow Intake Grid
Aerodynamically designed front airflow intake grid eliminates potential turbulence and contamination.
Floor Stand And Castor Wheels
Floor Stand is made up of heavy-duty tubular pipe duly powder coated and fitted with durable castor wheels for rotation and total brake system on front wheels.
These models are provided with Microprocessor Based Digital Controller with LCD display and air velocity sensor to display the air velocity across the work table.
- Magnehelic Pressure Differential Gauge (To track filter pressure in lieu of static pressure manometer).
- Electronic filter choke alarm (Differential Pressure Monitor).
- TFT Touch Screen Display Controller with air velocity sensor.
- Exhaust ducting per running feet.
- Gas Burner.
- Spare U.V. Germicidal Tube (1.5 feet).
- Spare U.V. Germicidal Tube (3.0 feet).